Auction Bidding Rules
100% of the proceeds from this event will go towards our programs for Families & Children residing in our Supported Living Homes. Please visit CUMFI’s website for more information about their community programming www.cumfi.org.
Welcome to CUMFI’s MÉTIS CULTURAL DAYS VIRTUAL “LIVE” ART AUCTION 2021
ABOUT THE AUCTION:
Our annual fundraising art auction will be held virtually through our Metis Cultural Days Art Auction website page and streamed live on September 11th! You will have the opportunity to see all the auction pieces as well as the silent auction pieces, in person, all day Saturday, September 11, 2021, at the Saskatoon Western Development Museum (admission is FREE). This year we will be honouring “The Year Of The Elder”. Artists were encouraged to submit a piece to the auction!! 100% of the proceeds from this fundraising event go to support the programs for Families & Children residing in CUMFI’s Supported Living Homes.
Artist submissions include original paintings, prints of original, photography, sculptures, garments, jewelry, and pottery.
The auction ends on Sept. 11th at 8:00 pm during our live broadcast. Marsee ~ Thank You for your support!!
HOW THE VIRTUAL ONLINE AUCTION WORKS:
- Contributing Artists will be featured daily! Photos of the artist’s work, a description of the piece, the artist’s bio and minimum/reserve bids will be posted. We appreciate the generosity of all contributing artists and this fundraiser as an opportunity to promote and support our artists! Marsee ~ Thank You!!
- Bidding starts Sept 1st at 1:00 PM Central Standard Time (CST) and closes on Sept. 11th at 8:00 pm, CST. Some works have a reserve bid and we will try to post which ones as they are added but if we miss one and the reserve bid is not met, the seller is not obligated to sell their works. Biding will be raised at intervals of $10.00. All bids will require you to register for an account.
- Auction Moderators will monitor the bidding throughout the auction.
- When the auction is over, winning bidders will be notified immediately by the Moderators. The winner will have 1 business days to respond or the next highest bidder will be deemed the winner of the bid. The winner will send payment via e-transfer, credit card, cash or cheque. Payment must be made within 2 days of auction end. Moderators will notify you when the item has been paid for and is cleared for shipping.
- Please see ‘shipping’ below
Our site uses proxy bidding. Simply enter your max bid and it will automatically bid for you up to your max dollar amount. If someone bids more, you will receive an email to notify you and you may bid on it again.
Note: We also have an anti-sniping feature which extends time by a couple of minutes if someone bids just seconds before the end time, to give everyone a fair chance at bidding.
The Auction closes on Sept. 11th at 8:00 pm, CST
The winner will send payment via e-transfer, credit card, cash or cheque. Instructions will be given to winners. Moderators will notify you when the item has been paid for and is cleared for shipping or pick-up.
SHIPPING &/or PICK UP:
Once the item has been paid for and cleared by accounting, we will arrange for the shipping &/or pick up. Shipping will take place either from CUMFI’s offices in Saskatoon. The winning bidders may offer to pay for shipping to help the fundraiser, but it is not required. If the winning bid is located in the Saskatoon area and they wish to pick up their piece, they may do that as well. PLEASE notify us once you have received the shipped item.
CHARITABLE TAX RECEIPTS:
Charitable tax receipts will be issued to the artist &/or donor based on the indicated % being donated.
We appreciate any and all support for our fundraising efforts. MARSEE for all your support!!
If you have any questions, please contact: Claire Letendre – firstname.lastname@example.org or 306-713-2961