Auction Bidding Rules
100% of the proceeds from this event will go towards our programs for Families & Children residing in our Supported Living Homes. Please visit CUMFI’s website for more information about their community programming www.cumfi.org.
Welcome to CUMFI’s MÉTIS CULTURAL DAYS VIRTUAL ART AUCTION 2020
ABOUT THE AUCTION:
As with previous years, we continue to support our Indigenous artists by hosting our annual fundraising art auction that will be held virtually through our Metis Cultural Days Art Auction website page! This year we will be honouring our youth, those aspiring and emerging artists in mentorship with our established professional artists! Youth and emerging 30+ artists were encouraged to submit a piece to the auction!!
Artist submissions include original paintings, prints of original, photography, sculptures, garments, jewelry, and pottery.
The auction ends on Sept. 30th. Marsee ~ Thank You for your support!!
HOW THE VIRTUAL ONLINE AUCTION WORKS:
- Contributing Artists will be featured daily! Photos of the artist’s work, a description of the piece, the artist’s bio and minimum/reserve bids will be posted. Some artists donate a 100% of the sale price and some receive a % of the sale price ~ We appreciate the generosity of all contributing artists and this fundraiser as an opportunity to promote and support our artists! Marsee ~ Thank You!!
- Bidding starts Sept 21st at 1:00 PM Central Standard Time (CST) and closes on Sept. 30th at midnight, CST. Some works have a reserve bid and we will try to post which ones as they are added but if we miss one and the reserve bid is not met, the artist is not obligated to sell their works and they may want to extend the bidding period. Biding will be raised at intervals of $10.00. All bids will require you to register for an account.
- Auction Moderators will monitor the bidding throughout the auction.
- When the auction is over, winning bidders will be notified immediately by the Moderators. The winner will have 24 hours to respond or the next highest bidder will be deemed the winner of the bid. The winner will send payment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visa and Mastercard are also acceptable forms of payment. Payment must be made within 24 hours of the auction. Moderators will notify you when the item has been paid for and is cleared for shipping.
- Please see ‘shipping’ below
The Auction closes on Sept. 30th at midnight, CST
Winning bidders can make payments via e-transfer to email@example.com. Please MAKE THE PASSWORD ON E-TRANSFER: “families”. Visa and Mastercard are also accepted forms of payment by calling CUMFI. Instructions will be given to winners. Moderators will notify you when the item has been paid for and is cleared for shipping or pick-up.
SHIPPING &/or PICK UP:
Once the item has been paid for and cleared by accounting, we will arrange for the shipping &/or pick up. Shipping will take place either from CUMFI’s offices in Saskatoon or from the artist’s home studio location (to be confirmed with the artists). The winning bidders may offer to pay for shipping to help the fundraiser, but it is not required. If the winning bid is located in the Saskatoon area and they wish to pick up their piece, they may do that as well. PLEASE notify us once you have received the shipped item.
CHARITABLE TAX RECEIPTS:
Charitable tax receipts will be issued to the artist &/or donor based on the indicated % being donated.
We appreciate any and all support for our fundraising efforts. MARSEE for all your support!!
If you have any questions, please contact: Donna Heimbecker – firstname.lastname@example.org or 306-881-4417